Weed Control: Parkinsonia
A new safer, cheaper and more environmentally-friendly biological herbicide control method for Parkinsonia.
BHA is the first company in Australia to commercialise a proven, naturally-occurring bioherbicide (Di-Bak Parkinsonia) for the control of Parkinsonia aculeata, a Weed of National Significance (WoNS).
Di-Bak Parkinsonia is the revolutionary new environmentally-friendly control method for managing, and potentially eradicating, the noxious woody weed Parkinsonia.
Developed over fifteen years by researchers at The University of Queensland, Di-Bak Parkinsonia capsules are manufactured by BioHerbicides Australia (BHA) and are available commercially following Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) approval.
Di-Bak Parkinsonia is a biological herbicide produced in capsule form,
containing a combination of naturally occurring fungal pathogens that kill off the woody weed by inducing dieback disease.
The capsules are inserted into the tree with an easy to use hand-held applicator where they are sealed with a plug ensuring safe and effective placement. The capsule dissolves, releasing the biological agent into the vascular system of the tree, killing it from the inside. The process offers a direct hit on the weed with minimal environmental impact.
Di-Bak Parkinsonia was trialled with cattle producers, government departments and NRM groups, and is supported by Meat & Livestock Australia.
To purchase Di-Bak Parkinsonia products visit our online Shop.
The advantages of Di-Bak Parkinsonia
- Developed specifically for the control of Parkinsonia
- APVMA approved
- Effective and long term (controls trees and seedlings and will spread through the Parkinsonia population)
- Easy to use (just need a jar of capsules, a drill and plugs)
- Safe to apply
- Non-toxic and environmentally-friendly
- Designed in Australia for our conditions
- Tried, tested and proven over 15 years of research
- Backed by the cattle industryInexpensive to apply
- Can be used along waterways and where chemical/mechanical control is not suitable
- Year-round application (can be done in downtime)
- Can be used as a stand-alone treatment or integrated with other weed management controls
Click on the links below for fact sheets containing further information.
- Di-Bak Parkinsonia Brochure
- Fast Facts on Parkinsonia
- Why eradicate Parkinsonia
- See Di-Bak Parkinsonia in action
- Parkinsonia – compare the treatments